Brownrice Internet, Inc.
Oct 16, 2017
Brownrice Internet, Inc. is looking for a friendly, experienced, detail-oriented Linux Systems Administrator with web development experience and superior communication skills - both written and verbal - who is capable of working in a team environment and enjoys helping people solve technical problems.
View full job-posting here: https://hosting.brownrice.com/jobs
Systems Administrator - ABQ
Summit Electric Supply
Jun 11, 2015
Continue your career in Systems Administration with one of the largest locally owned and operated companies in New Mexico. At Summit, you’ll apply your broad knowledge and experience is systems programming and analysis to support our production, test and development environments. You will also perform an extensive range of systems operation activities often under hard deadlines while handling heavy workloads. You’ll rely on your own judgement and operate with general supervision while implementing and maintaining systems critical to Summit’s operations. If you utilize ingenuity to solve problems, take ownership of your work and thrive under pressure then apply now for this challenging and rewarding opportunity!
What You'll Do:
- Provide primary systems configuration and support for vendor-purchased Windows systems applications (including but not limited to Formscape, ArchiveManager, Sharepoint, SolarWinds, IronPort, Okta, Brightwork, etc.).
- Perform systems administration tasks in conjunction with other staff members to determine information needs, data flows, establish and control system access and security, monitor and optimize system performance, and initiate recovery plans after system failures.
- Provide support and maintenance of operating systems and network connectivity for Windows systems.
- Provide support and maintenance for MS-SQL systems.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Onsite work required. Hours: 8-5 M-F.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- 4-year degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of systems administration experience in multiple environments.
- Database experience in DB2.
- Significant multiple application system software installation, deployment and maintenance.
- Code management and revision control systems experience.
- PCI compliance procedures/workflows/security.
What Summit Offers You:
You’ll enjoy a challenging and rewarding work environment here at Summit. We know that you’re coming to us with the experience and education to be successful in this role and we'll give you the freedom to make the best decisions to get the job done. You’ll have the opportunity to make judgement calls and provide meaningful input on strategic IT decisions along with other Administrators in our close-knit team. We have competitive pay with excellent benefits including health insurance options that allow you to pick what best meets your needs, vision coverage, dental coverage, paid time-off and a 401(k) program.
Help Power Our World!
As part of the multi-billion dollar electrical distribution industry in the United States, Summit Electric Supply partners with the world's leading manufacturers to provide customers with high-quality electrical equipment, along with superior technical support and service. We are one of the fastest growing distributors, consistently ranking in the nation’s top 20!
application instillation and maintenance
database management systems