Senior PHP / AWS / JS full-stack web developer
May 18, 2017
We’re a Denver-based digital marketing company currently operating over 1100 sites off of a multi-tenant PHP platform running in Amazon Web Services. We’re moving our rapidly-scaling development team into Albuquerque and are looking for local talent to start the team here. We need experienced full-stack PHP / JS developers for a fast-paced, high-stakes production environment that spans many different frameworks and code bases.
We're looking for the best talent this town has to offer and are offering compensation to match. This is a local salaried position in Albuquerque, with occasional travel to Denver.
We run a small, lean team, which means things move quickly and our people need to be flexible and enjoy excitement. We’re in the process of making major changes to our architecture, and need developers who can see a technical framework from a big-picture perspective, offer advice and guidance on the direction that architecture should go, and then implement large-scale foundational changes to that framework, and then could jump immediately over to an emergency fix for a front-end form validation in jQuery on a site that’s currently receiving heavy production traffic.
As a team, we’ll be choosing where to establish our office, how to structure our team, etc. as we go along. We’ll have the flexibility and excitement of a startup with the funding of an established company.
* Detailed understanding of object-oriented programming concepts such as encapsulation, dependency injection, DRY code, etc.
* PHP up to v7.0
* Experience in MVC frameworks, particularly Laravel (there will also be legacy work in CakePHP v2, but hopefully not for much longer)
* MySQL (other DB experience, such as Redis, MongoDB, etc. is a plus)
* Ubuntu server terminal
* HTML5 / CSS3
* In-depth understanding of version control with git, including resolving merge conflicts, reverting bad commits / merges, branch management, pull requests, etc.
* Amazon web services (EC2, Route 53, elastic beanstalk, cloudfront, S3, CloudWatch, etc.)
* Atlassian software, particularly BitBucket and Jira
* Focus on writing beautiful, clean, readable code
* Writing clear and thorough technical documentation
* Automated testing experience with PHPUnit or other PHP testing libraries
* Real production experience with deployment, server provisioning, etc.
* Setting up and using VMs with Vagrant
Send a resume and code samples / links to projects to which you've contributed.
amazon web services
Python/Django developer at LANL
Clover Leaf Solutions
Feb 19, 2016
>> Los Alamos Python Developer << Clover Leaf Solutions is looking for an experienced Software Developer to support work in Los Alamos, NM. This is a full-time/long term salaried position with our firm. We are seeking someone with at least 5 years of experience in Software Development to support Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) with fixed and mobile Climate Research Facilities.
-- Desired Skills --
-Professional experience developing software applications to support operational status history, inventory/asset management, shipment tracking, change control, and/or process workflow management.
-Experience working with web development frameworks and “Web 2.0” technology.
-Experience generating custom PDF reports within a web application or Unix scripting environment.
-Experience integrating Barcode and/or RFID technology.
-Experience developing Mobile applications.
-- Education --
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply!
Systems Administrator - ABQ
Summit Electric Supply
Jun 11, 2015
Continue your career in Systems Administration with one of the largest locally owned and operated companies in New Mexico. At Summit, you’ll apply your broad knowledge and experience is systems programming and analysis to support our production, test and development environments. You will also perform an extensive range of systems operation activities often under hard deadlines while handling heavy workloads. You’ll rely on your own judgement and operate with general supervision while implementing and maintaining systems critical to Summit’s operations. If you utilize ingenuity to solve problems, take ownership of your work and thrive under pressure then apply now for this challenging and rewarding opportunity!
What You'll Do:
- Provide primary systems configuration and support for vendor-purchased Windows systems applications (including but not limited to Formscape, ArchiveManager, Sharepoint, SolarWinds, IronPort, Okta, Brightwork, etc.).
- Perform systems administration tasks in conjunction with other staff members to determine information needs, data flows, establish and control system access and security, monitor and optimize system performance, and initiate recovery plans after system failures.
- Provide support and maintenance of operating systems and network connectivity for Windows systems.
- Provide support and maintenance for MS-SQL systems.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Onsite work required. Hours: 8-5 M-F.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- 4-year degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of systems administration experience in multiple environments.
- Database experience in DB2.
- Significant multiple application system software installation, deployment and maintenance.
- Code management and revision control systems experience.
- PCI compliance procedures/workflows/security.
What Summit Offers You:
You’ll enjoy a challenging and rewarding work environment here at Summit. We know that you’re coming to us with the experience and education to be successful in this role and we'll give you the freedom to make the best decisions to get the job done. You’ll have the opportunity to make judgement calls and provide meaningful input on strategic IT decisions along with other Administrators in our close-knit team. We have competitive pay with excellent benefits including health insurance options that allow you to pick what best meets your needs, vision coverage, dental coverage, paid time-off and a 401(k) program.
Help Power Our World!
As part of the multi-billion dollar electrical distribution industry in the United States, Summit Electric Supply partners with the world's leading manufacturers to provide customers with high-quality electrical equipment, along with superior technical support and service. We are one of the fastest growing distributors, consistently ranking in the nation’s top 20!
application instillation and maintenance
database management systems