Senior PHP / AWS / JS full-stack web developer
May 18, 2017
We’re a Denver-based digital marketing company currently operating over 1100 sites off of a multi-tenant PHP platform running in Amazon Web Services. We’re moving our rapidly-scaling development team into Albuquerque and are looking for local talent to start the team here. We need experienced full-stack PHP / JS developers for a fast-paced, high-stakes production environment that spans many different frameworks and code bases.
We're looking for the best talent this town has to offer and are offering compensation to match. This is a local salaried position in Albuquerque, with occasional travel to Denver.
We run a small, lean team, which means things move quickly and our people need to be flexible and enjoy excitement. We’re in the process of making major changes to our architecture, and need developers who can see a technical framework from a big-picture perspective, offer advice and guidance on the direction that architecture should go, and then implement large-scale foundational changes to that framework, and then could jump immediately over to an emergency fix for a front-end form validation in jQuery on a site that’s currently receiving heavy production traffic.
As a team, we’ll be choosing where to establish our office, how to structure our team, etc. as we go along. We’ll have the flexibility and excitement of a startup with the funding of an established company.
* Detailed understanding of object-oriented programming concepts such as encapsulation, dependency injection, DRY code, etc.
* PHP up to v7.0
* Experience in MVC frameworks, particularly Laravel (there will also be legacy work in CakePHP v2, but hopefully not for much longer)
* MySQL (other DB experience, such as Redis, MongoDB, etc. is a plus)
* Ubuntu server terminal
* HTML5 / CSS3
* In-depth understanding of version control with git, including resolving merge conflicts, reverting bad commits / merges, branch management, pull requests, etc.
* Amazon web services (EC2, Route 53, elastic beanstalk, cloudfront, S3, CloudWatch, etc.)
* Atlassian software, particularly BitBucket and Jira
* Focus on writing beautiful, clean, readable code
* Writing clear and thorough technical documentation
* Automated testing experience with PHPUnit or other PHP testing libraries
* Real production experience with deployment, server provisioning, etc.
* Setting up and using VMs with Vagrant
Send a resume and code samples / links to projects to which you've contributed.
amazon web services
Front-end and Web Application Developer
Aug 28, 2015
We’re looking for front end developers to join us remotely, developing web sites and apps for great clients and on fun projects, the likes of which you can see here www.dsire.com
We see you handling the front end aspects of a project with our amazing team of designers and developers. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and positive. We want to put you in a position to write and deploy the best solutions that you can. Schedules are flexible as long as we are meeting our client’s needs.
We’re looking for intelligent people who have an eagerness to learn new things, and the communication skills to be able to explain them to humans including our project managers and clients. Daily we live on HipChat, InVisionapp.com and in Teamwork.com for internal communication and collaboration
As well as the technical knowledge, we need people who can figure things out by themselves but know when to ask for help. Cutting down and simplifying complex problems with interfaces which make them straightforward and usable.
The more pressing needs definitely require familiarity and comfort with PHP frameworks, Laravel and ImpressPages
If you’re interested please reply with some examples of your work and what specifically you were responsible for in developing the projects. Doesn’t need to be a long list - just choose the top 3 or 4 projects you are the most proud of, and anything else you think we should know. We do work remotely but it’s always nice to work with people in the same time zone and close to home.
knowledge of current digital technology trends