Senior PHP / AWS / JS full-stack web developer
May 18, 2017
We’re a Denver-based digital marketing company currently operating over 1100 sites off of a multi-tenant PHP platform running in Amazon Web Services. We’re moving our rapidly-scaling development team into Albuquerque and are looking for local talent to start the team here. We need experienced full-stack PHP / JS developers for a fast-paced, high-stakes production environment that spans many different frameworks and code bases.
We're looking for the best talent this town has to offer and are offering compensation to match. This is a local salaried position in Albuquerque, with occasional travel to Denver.
We run a small, lean team, which means things move quickly and our people need to be flexible and enjoy excitement. We’re in the process of making major changes to our architecture, and need developers who can see a technical framework from a big-picture perspective, offer advice and guidance on the direction that architecture should go, and then implement large-scale foundational changes to that framework, and then could jump immediately over to an emergency fix for a front-end form validation in jQuery on a site that’s currently receiving heavy production traffic.
As a team, we’ll be choosing where to establish our office, how to structure our team, etc. as we go along. We’ll have the flexibility and excitement of a startup with the funding of an established company.
* Detailed understanding of object-oriented programming concepts such as encapsulation, dependency injection, DRY code, etc.
* PHP up to v7.0
* Experience in MVC frameworks, particularly Laravel (there will also be legacy work in CakePHP v2, but hopefully not for much longer)
* MySQL (other DB experience, such as Redis, MongoDB, etc. is a plus)
* Ubuntu server terminal
* HTML5 / CSS3
* In-depth understanding of version control with git, including resolving merge conflicts, reverting bad commits / merges, branch management, pull requests, etc.
* Amazon web services (EC2, Route 53, elastic beanstalk, cloudfront, S3, CloudWatch, etc.)
* Atlassian software, particularly BitBucket and Jira
* Focus on writing beautiful, clean, readable code
* Writing clear and thorough technical documentation
* Automated testing experience with PHPUnit or other PHP testing libraries
* Real production experience with deployment, server provisioning, etc.
* Setting up and using VMs with Vagrant
Send a resume and code samples / links to projects to which you've contributed.
amazon web services