Summit Electric Supply
Jun 6, 2016
Are you looking for a place that will utilize your passion and provide cutting edge resources to fuel your innovation? Do you need a collaborative and challenging environment to thrive? Integrate yourself into a team of talented web developers that share your passion for developing custom solutions and help us build and maintain Summit's full-stack e-commerce platform and award winning mobile apps. Our rock star in-house development team needs your skill, insight and tenacity to provide innovative solutions for our customers and associates.
The main goal of every Summit associate is taking care of our customers. That is evident throughout our company and this role is no different. You’ll serve our customers by improving and maintaining our homegrown eCommerce platform and by creating new mobile apps that will make their work easier and keep them coming back to Summit.
What You’ll be Using:
Front End Technologies -
Our focus is in Ruby on Rails and Ember. Our templating is in HAML and Emblem and presentation with SCSS and Bootstrap. We will consider the following:
* CSS, including SCSS and frameworks like Bootstrap.
* JSON, XML
* Semantic templating: HAML, Handlebars.
Operating System -
We depend on open source software and have chosen Ubuntu Server as our production operating system. It is expected that you will be comfortable working with a command line on a daily basis.
* Linux and Mac OS X
* GIT and SSH
* TMUX or any terminal multiplexer
Skills and Experience:
Your experience in the following areas will be very beneficial:
* Search engine optimization techniques, site reporting, metrics and strategy through use of tools like Google Analytics.
* Building and maintaining features presented on the client side of the browser.
* Testing and debuging cross browser issues to build compliant code for supported browsers and devices.
Multiple interviews, pre-employment assessments, reference checks, drug test, and background screens are all part of our thorough interview process to make sure we hire the very best. Professional appearance required for this onsite opportunity.
User Experience Designer
Feb 23, 2015
We create custom multitouch exhibits for museums and we work with established technology companies such as HP and Intel in developing the next generation of computing experiences. We are an internationally recognized interactive design firm located in Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque, an hour from Santa Fe). Please see our portfolio site and blog to learn more about us: www.ideum.com
Along with custom exhibits, touch table and touch wall products, Ideum develops software frameworks such as GestureWorks (www.gestureworks.com) and Open Exhibits (www.openexhibits.org ). We also are the makers of GestureWorks Gameplay, a unique Windows-based software product (gameplay.gestureworks.com).
We seek a full-time, on-site User Experience Designer to join our interdisciplinary team of designers, content specialists, programmers, and hardware engineers. The User Experience Designer will work across a wide range of projects including museum exhibits and software projects with major tech companies such as HP and Intel. The UED will own, protect, and manages the user experience throughout product and project life cycles.
Desired Skills and Experience
Beyond technical skills, we are looking for someone with strong conceptual and information design skills, and organizational ability. An interest in art, science, history, and the other educational topics we explore is also important.
- Demonstrated UX/UI design experience and ability (portfolio)
- Ability to prototype designs in lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity as required.
- Excellent visual design ability
- Fluency with Interactive design principles and processes.
- Experience with Web, mobile, and kiosk design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Photoshop and Illustrator skills, a plus
- Experience with museum exhibits and installations, a strong plus
- Programming skills, a plus
- Experience with 3D design programs, a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A strong interest in science, art, history, and social issues
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world, a plus
- College degree a plus, not a requirement
How to Apply:
This is a full-time position (40 hours) on-site in Corrales, New Mexico. The position includes full health benefits 100% (after 90 days), Dental insurance, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance. Also, included is company matched 401K plan, which is available after one year of employment. Pay is based on experience. Please include examples of your work (URLS) along with a cover letter and your resume. Please NO PHONE CALLS