University of New Mexico Projecy ECHO
Feb 13, 2019
The University of New Mexico’s Project ECHO is looking for an Interaction/UX Designer to join our dynamic and growing product development team. Project ECHO is a collaborative model of education and care management that empowers clinicians around the globe to provide better care to the most vulnerable populations, right where they live. Our model has been replicated by organizations in more than 35 countries. The Interaction/UX Designer will be crucial to our ECHO Digital strategy –a societal platform that reimagines all aspects of Project ECHO in a digital way and supports the global ECHO movement in our audacious goal to touch 1 billion lives by 2025. Design and user experience (UX) are central to this effort and will ensure that the ECHO Digital products are intuitive, innovative, and provide solutions to the needs of our culturally and geographically diverse users.
In this role, you will lead the ECHO Digital design team in understanding our users’ needs, behaviors and constraints through research and testing. You will work with our global team of product managers, engineers, and researchers in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment to develop useful and usable solutions. If you are passionate about collaboration, design, and innovation, and want to make a lasting, positive impact on millions of lives around the world, this position is for you.
As an Interaction/UX Designer, you will be responsible for:
• Working with product management and engineering to conduct user research and gather user insights, defining the user model and user interface for new products and features
• Creating designs, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes, and integrating in agile development processes; conducting prototyping and user studies (research, test, surveys)
• Storytelling and framing problems for a diverse audience of stakeholders, helping them envision ECHO Digital solutions. Articulating user journeys with scenarios, storyboards and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
• Communicating effectively in a cross-functional product development team
• Supervising and managing a globally dispersed UI/UX design team. Allocating work and managing design priorities
Project ECHO prides itself on being a values based organization. Our seven values include: Service to the Underserved, Demonopolize Knowledge, Mutual Trust and Respect, Teamwork, Excellence and Accountability, Innovation and Learning and Joy of Work. We strive to find individuals who can embrace and exemplify these values.
Project ECHO is grant funded and has received support from the NM Legislature, the University of New Mexico and the New Mexico Department of Health. We are growing exponentially, serving communities around the globe. By joining our team, you will be part of a movement that is leading the way in technology-based healthcare initiatives and will support our vision to touch the lives of 1 billion people by 2025!
• Bachelor's Degree minimum with at least 2 years of progressively responsibility experience directly related to the duties and
responsibilities associated with this position.
• Demonstrated experience in designing and shipping usable web-based interfaces
• Proven experience in leading user centered design process
• Experience with design tools, e.g., Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, to produce wireframes and mockups
• Experience integrating third party solutions into platform designs
• Experience managing complex projects and geographically dispersed teams
managing complex projects
intergrating third parties