Web Developer - Albuquerque, NM
Summit Electric Supply
Dec 22, 2015
Are you looking for a place that will utilize your passion and provide cutting edge resources to fuel your innovation? Do you need a collaborative and challenging environment to thrive? Integrate yourself into a team of talented web developers that share your passion for developing custom solutions and help us build and maintain Summit's full-stack e-commerce platform and award winning mobile apps. Our rock star in-house development team needs your skill, insight and tenacity to provide innovative solutions for our customers and associates.
The main goal of every Summit associate is taking care of our customers. That is evident throughout our company and this role is no different. You’ll serve our customers by improving and maintaining our homegrown eCommerce platform and by creating new mobile apps that will make their work easier and keep them coming back to Summit.
Skills and Experience:
We are looking for someone who has a high school degree or equivalent and 3+ years of coding experience. Other than that, we know your work will speak for itself. The majority of our work exists in Ruby on Rails, Node.js and Ember and expertise in those areas is highly desired.
Want to know what you’ll be using?
Significant technology used by our team is Active Model and Active Record, backed by MySQL and MongoDB. We use Solr as our search engine, but will consider any Lucene based software. Asynchronous operations are managed by Resque and Redis. The following items play an important part in our work:
- Ruby on Rails and any convention over configuration framework
- Message queues, caching: Resque, Redis and Memcache
- Relational database structure and development using SQL like MySQL, MariaDB and PostgreSQL
- Document databases like MongoDB or CouchDB
- Solr search engine
We adhere to a REST architecture and implement our API using JSONAPI and Ajax. The following technologies are also key:
- API implementation, JSONAPI and REST.
- Ajax, Web Sockets and Messaging.
- NGINX reverse proxying, Thin, Puma and Tomcat.
Our focus is in Ruby on Rails and Ember. Our templating is in HAML and Emblem and presentation with SCSS and Bootstrap. We consider experience in the following areas a big plus:
- CSS, including SCSS and frameworks like Bootstrap
- Semantic templating: HAML, Emblem, Handlebars
We depend on open source software and have chosen Ubuntu Server as our production operating system. You’ll want to be comfortable working with a command line on a daily basis.
- Linux and Mac OS X
- TMUX or any terminal multiplexer
- Jenkins CI
Software and Server Deployment
Server migrations and software deployments are scripted. The following technology drives daily work for our team:
- Deployment with Capistrano and Puppet
- Installation of software using Brew, Apt, NPM and Bundler
- Scripting using Bash or Zsh
- Configuring software like NGINX, PHP and MySQL
I hope we've given you enough information to know if this is a career that you're qualified for and interested in pursuing. If you're ready for a great opportunity with a values driven company then look no further and apply today!
ruby on rails