JAVA Application Developer
Jun 26, 2018
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The Applications Development Analyst will lead moderately complex projects that require skill in multiple technical environments or disciplines. This role is responsible for application analysis, design, development, integration and enhancement; will also be involved in complex support issues. To be successful in this role requires experience working in a collaborative, team environment, excellent oral and written communication skills to present information in a clear and precise manner, and exceptional attention to detail.
Summary of Duties
• Participates in short‐ and long‐term planning sessions with customers to improve business processes, and works closely with review boards and architects to assure all systems align with long‐term strategy, then manages customer's priorities of projects and requests
• Assesses customer needs via a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to prioritize immediate business needs and advising on options, risks and cost vs. benefits
• Assists with or makes buy vs. build recommendations (new code or reuse of existing code), considering system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on business processes and goals
• Proactively analyzes existing information systems and applications to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements and may lead the evaluation and selection process for new application packages
• Identifies system requirements; develops application specifications, conversion and migration designs, to include risk assessments; supports maintenance of applications
• Defines, develops, modifies, and documents application modules or enterprise‐wide software systems using disciplined software development processes and makes modules production ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, form of desired results, and integration of components
• Adheres to quality standards and procedures. Reviews modules for quality assurance and checks compliance with application architecture standards and conducts unit testing of application modules to ensure application meets specifications
• May assist in defining development guidelines and standards to be utilized in software development /integration including developing custom integration solutions with major enhancements, interfaces, functions and features
• Provides technical guidance or business process expertise and technical leadership to team members
• Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment
• Other duties as required.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Must be an U.S. Citizen in order to obtain a DOE “Q” Level security clearance
• Bachelor's degree in programming, systems, computer science, or related computer science field
• Three (3) or more years’ experience surrounding information systems and application architecture
• Five (5) or more years’ of applications development and programming/systems analysis
• Java developer experience working on server side and desktop Java applications
• Demonstrated experience with the following: JEE Web‐centric frameworks including Spring, EJB, Seam, Tapestry, JSF, and Hibernate; object oriented design and programming techniques
• Familiarity with XHTML, CSS, and SQL
• Demonstrated positive and successful interpersonal skills as well as leadership skills
• Demonstrated experience with cyber security policy and procedures
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements. Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
• Continued Professional Development
• Relocation Provided
• 1st Shift
• Job ID: req143856
• Category: Engineering
• Location: PO Box 5250, Albuquerque, NM 87185-5250 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
python css software development java javascrpit sql c++ html php
Web App Software Engineer
Aug 24, 2016
You are a talented lead developer who is detailed oriented, with sensitivity and talent for crafting functional, beautiful software with a specific passion for user experience. You see a future where you are managing a talented, motivated team of developers.
You understand that technology, design, and business come together to create highly successful companies and products, and you see yourself being part of a team with this core belief.
This job will focus on our portal product. We have a prototype that we built, but we are now taking what we learned off of that and migrate over to an AngularJS/Java tech stack micro service architecture.
We are changing the way people shop, focusing our efforts on the growing world of craft beer. Today, consumers are suffering from choice paradox, but with our platform they go from confused to confident as we provide them personalized recommendations. As an early stage startup, you will be part of building the company.