IT Operations Tech (Help Desk) - ABQ
Summit Electric Supply
Jun 11, 2015
Continue your career in Information Technology with a leader in the electrical distribution industry. In your role as an IT Operations Technician you’ll be primarily responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of Summit’s IT systems. You’ll respond to support requests from Summit Associates that arrive via phone or email and enter those requests into the work order tracking system. This would include providing support for all phases of Summit’s IT systems such as user desktops/laptops, local and wide area networks, network servers and services, enterprise applications, databases, telephone systems and printers.
What You’ll Do:
- Log into the automatic call distribution system during shift hours in order to answer support calls from associates politely and as quickly as possible.
- Monitor the work order tracking system to ensure all work orders are assigned to appropriate IT Associates quickly.
- Solve support problems as they are reported to IT Support in a timely manner.
- Escalate support issues to more senior IT Associates when needed.
- Install, configure and operate software at all network levels.
- Diagnose and repair computer and peripheral hardware problems.
- Execute adds, moves and changes for the company’s telephone systems.
- Tone out and punch down telephone and network cabling to ensure proper operation and maintenance of the company’s cabling system.
- Monitor network services to ensure maximum uptime.
- Set up and maintain user account information in the network user databases.
- Assist with the implementation and deployment of new network services and changes.
What Summit Offers You:
You’ll enjoy a challenging and rewarding work environment here at Summit. We encourage you to develop your professional education and knowledge and can assist you in meeting your training goals. Summit offers competitive pay with excellent benefits including health insurance options that allow you to pick what best meets your needs, vision coverage, dental coverage, paid time-off and retirement programs.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with Microsoft Windows desktop and network operating systems.
- Positive approach to solving problems.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Sharp eye for details and good problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Unwavering commitment to Summit’s values and mission.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to change in a hectic and fast-paced work environment.
- Proven “do whatever it takes” attitude.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Exposure to Cisco VOIP telephone systems and networking equipment.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance.