OpenEye Scientific Software, Inc
Apr 16, 2015
• Familiarity with HTTP web services and RESTful web APIs
• Demonstrated use of a server side web application framework
• Object-oriented programming concepts
• Familiarity with relational databases
• Experience developing software on Linux based systems
The following are a plus, but not required:
• Experience with programming in Python
• Experience creating and maintaining Django powered websites
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with Test Driven Development (TTD)
• Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis
• Experience with OAuth 2.0
• Linux server administration
The candidate hired for this position will work as a member of a small, focused team, in building a collection of web APIs and their infrastructure using Amazon Web Services. The ideal candidate must have the ability to maintain and add new features to our existing web services and cloud infrastructure. This includes contributing to several different layers of our technology stack (Django & Python powered web services, databases, usage of third party web APIs). Effective communication skills and collaboration with other team members are a must. Should be committed to following best practices in web application development, be keenly interested in new and developing technologies, and have the ability to learn quickly and adapt to changes in requirements.
linux server administration
amazon web services
software development on linux based systems
object oriented programming
server side web application
restful web apis
http web services
Still Solutions, Inc.
Mar 13, 2015
Still Solutions, Inc. is looking for the right person to join our development team. We do everything from mundane to complex, easy to impossible and everything in between. No two days are the same and you will be working on a variety of projects both internal and external.
What we're looking for
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong experience with object oriented programming
• Experience with at least one database technology (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, MSSQL)
• Familiar with version control systems (Git, Subversion, etc)
• Demonstrated project history
• Familiar with Python or PHP
• .Net Experience
• C/C++ Experience
• Java Experience
• jQuery Experience
• iOS Experience
• HTML/CSS Experience
• Linux System Administration
• Windows Server System Administration
• CS Degree
Have other skills that you think will contribute? Surprise us!
What we offer
• Compensation structure that is commensurate with your skills, experience and hard work
• Medical Insurance
• A flexible schedule and autonomy in performing your work
• A comfortable and relaxed work environment
• The opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients and technologies
The majority of our projects are web based but we’ll be focusing on your programming experience over your HTML experience. You don't need to be a web designer, we already have one of those, a strong understanding of object oriented concepts (objects, classes, inheritance, reflection) is required. Your particular language of choice is not important as long as it's object oriented and relevant.
This is not a junior position - we are expecting you to know how to code, understand the technology and work unsupervised on moderately to very complex tasks. We will expect you to talk us through some logic and program flow during the interview.
Does this sound like you? Send us a cover letter, resume and your salary requirements and we'll get back to you. Want to stand out from the crowd? Include in your cover letter links to projects you worked on and tell us how you contributed.
We look forward to hearing from you!
object oriented programming